Taking a vacation is one of the best ways to de-stress. However, plane tickets, lodging, and other costs can quickly rack up a stress-inducing bill. Travel doesn’t have to break the bank. If you’re wondering how to travel on a budget, Coastal Accommodations has a few tips: travel domestically, split costs with friends, cook your own meals, and take advantage of free activities. Rather than paying upward of $1,000 on flights alone, head to the beautiful and bustling Virginia Beach for an affordable ocean-side getaway. Our Virginia Beach vacation rentals allow your group to split the cost of lodging instead of booking separate hotel rooms, and you’ll have access to a fully stocked kitchen. There are also plenty of budget-friendly things to do in Virginia Beach. These are 10 of our favorite free Virginia Beach activities!
10 Free Virginia Beach Activities
- Lay on the beach. This one is a little obvious, but the beach is our pride and joy. It’s one of the best things to do in Virginia Beach. If you would like to rent equipment, such as chairs, umbrellas, or surfboards, we have some available at reasonable prices.
- Stroll along the Boardwalk. Many of the boardwalk attractions are free or inexpensive, such as the Surf & Rescue Museum, where admission is $1. Plus, the Boardwalk and beach are within walking distance of our Virginia Beach house rentals.
- Explore False Cape State Park. The park itself has free admission for pedestrians, cyclists, and boaters. No cars are allowed, but you can pay a small fee to take a tram or beach transporter. However, hiking, biking, and boating are some of the best Virginia Beach activities.
- Visit the oldest structure in Virginia Beach: the de Witt Cottage. Admission is free, but a $2 donation per adult is appreciated.
- Check out the Red Wing Park gardens, such as the Miyazaki Japanese Garden and the Reba S. McClanan Fragrance Garden. Parking and admission are free.
- Appreciate history at the Naval Aviation Monument Park.
- Snap photos with the King Neptune Statue on the Boardwalk. If you’re wondering how to travel on a budget while still getting Instagram-worthy shots, this iconic piece of art is ideal.
- Browse the Virginia Beach Farmers’ Market. Entrance is free, and the produce is fresh and reasonably priced. It’s a fun way to save on food on vacation.
- If you’re interested in free events in Virginia Beach, the Live! On Atlantic summer concert series is right up your alley. There is some sort of live performance almost every night, all summer long.
- Ynot Wednesdays is another excellent series of free events in Virginia Beach. These summer concerts are every Wednesday at the Sandler Center Outdoor Plaza.
How to Travel on a Budget: Accommodations
When it comes to saving your wallet, we can’t understate the value of Virginia Beach vacation rentals. Coastal Accommodations’ rental homes are spacious and comfortable at much lower prices than traditional hotels. Plus, our properties range between one and five bedrooms, so you can split the cost with up to 10 people. Now that’s how to travel on a budget! Contact us today to start planning your dream beach vacation.